So, the social media experiment has run for two days. Time for a progress report!
- Writing in Contentpalooza to create a lot of content to fill the blog.
- Being active in Contentpalooza and NaNoWriMo as a social media event to meet people.
- Looking for opportunities as a guest blogger.
- Working within my current networking circles to get visitors.
- Measuring how long it takes me to reach 200 unique visitors to my new blog only using social media.
In general, I feel good about my progress towards these goals. My post yesterday about XeeMe was well received by XeeMe owner, Axel, and he has asked to have a copy of it on his blog. A nice perk, there! That is certainly a step in the right direction! My Contentpalooza activity is paying off in content more than in social buzz but it is still going well. I feel good about my networking although I need to be more active in my various circles. Launching the blog from scratch over the past two days has taken more of my time than I anticipated.
- Twitter followers = 3051
- Facebook friends = 582
- Facebook fans = 579
- Unique visitors = 0
- Klout = 51.12
- PeerIndex = 37
- XeeMe PV = 370
Measurements 48 hours later:
- Twitter followers = 3155
- Facebook friends = 608
- Facebook fans = 584
- Unique visitors = 34
- Klout = 51.36
- PeerIndex = 38
- XeeMe PV = 470
- You can view my progress report spreadsheet at http://goo.gl/PNTlH
Are these astounding results? Heck no! I am happy with them overall, though. I am not well-known. I am just getting off the ground in launching this blog. I think this is a good beginning.
Also for those interested in tracking:
- My NaNoWriMo and Contentpalooza word count is 4649.
- You can view my word-count spreadsheet at http://goo.gl/7IohK